SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
In our endeavor to remain an independent literary journal, ROAR made the decision to charge a small submission/reading fee of $4.00. This decision was difficult yet necessary. The editorial staff of ROAR is comprised of a handful of committed volunteers. Every cent of the submission fee is put back into producing a quality issue, as well as allowing ROAR to market our writers in any way we can.
We look forward to reading your work. We promise to honor the time you’ve invested in your craft with a thorough editorial review of your submission. Our submission guidelines are as follows:
Please submit your work in a format that can be read by Microsoft Word. Feel free to include a cover letter, but they are not necessary. Please do include a short bio.
At this time we are not considering previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are welcome and encouraged, but if your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
If you are withdrawing part of a submission, please log into your Submittable account, choose your ROAR Magazine submission, and write a note in the “Activity” box.
If you are withdrawing an entire submission, please log into your Submittable account and update your submission’s status on Submittable (instructions here).
By submitting, you verify that you are the author of the submitted work, and that the Author grants First North American Serial Rights to ROAR Magazine. Rights revert to the author upon publication. Please credit ROAR Magazine as place of first publication. ROAR Magazine reserves the right to make minor copy editing changes to the manuscript. Any major editorial changes will require author’s approval prior to publication. Payment is one copy of the issue in which your work appears.
* Please send up to five poems at a time, not exceeding 10 pages total.
* One poem per page.
* Please send all poems in one submission packet as to avoid being charged for multiple submission fees.
* Please submit one prose piece at a time, not exceeding 10,000 words.
* All fiction submissions should be double-spaced with numbered pages.
* We welcome submissions of personal essays, memoir, profiles, and other nonfiction pieces not exceeding 10,000 words.
* All nonfiction submissions should be double-spaced with numbered pages.
* ROAR accepts any form of artwork, such as photography, sketches, paintings, digital media, and images of various installations and sculpture for our cover.
* There is no limit to the number of pieces submitted.